PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Has anyone hearing of MyNewMove property conveyancing?

Options
I'm purchasing a property and they have quoted me a very cheap price. There aren't many reviews online for them so wanted to ask if anyone else had any experience using them? I believe they outsource their cases to their panel of solicitors.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

I don't know that firm, but "outsource their cases to their panel of solicitors" might be a rather grand way of expressing what they do.

Perhaps "give you a quote and pass your details onto a solicitor/conveyancer, in return for a fee" might be another way of describing what they do. It looks like your contract would be direct with the solicitor/conveyancer.

Do they tell you which solicitor/conveyancer you will be given, before you accept the quote - so that you can check them out before committing? (I guess it's possible that you'll just be passed on to the one that offers the biggest referral fee.)

Also, something slightly strange in their website:

Property searches are ordered by My New Move. The searches are ordered from the local authority, water board, environment agency and other bodies to provide critical information about your property.

Your Solicitor and Lender will confirm the searches you require.

Link: https://www.mynewmove.co.uk/conveyancingprocess.html

Normally, solicitors would do the searches. But there are some private search firms who essentially charge very high fees for searches and pay big referral fees.  The result being that your legal fee appears cheap, but the cost of searches is high (because referral fees are hidden in the search costs).

For transparency, you could maybe ask mynewmove why they order the searches (instead of the solicitor) - and who they use for searches, whether they charge any admin fees on top or receive any referral fees - and what the final total cost of your searches will be.
  • saskeane
    Options
    Did you go ahead and use My New Move? How were they?
    I received a quote from them which is a third of the price of some other conveyancers, and they include a free will.
    Sounds too hound to be true, is it? 
  • MartinRomeo
    Options
    To whom it may concern:
    We were about to go with My New Move, but something just didn't seem right. After reading this thread I did some more research and a couple of things stood out that made us not go ahead.
    • All their reviews where from 7 months ago or 1 year. That seemed a bit like 'fake' to me.
    • More concerning however, was the 'what our customers have to say' section on their page. The photos they've used are stock photos. The background of the Golden Gate Bridge was a first sign and then a simple reverse image search showed that these same photos have been used for dating sites and other stock purposes.
    Also a few silly grammar issues on the site. 
    Not saying they're not legit, but for me these things doesn't gave me the confidence to go ahead or think of them of being very trustworthy.
  • Ritchiemac
    Options
    kerry213 said:
    I'm purchasing a property and they have quoted me a very cheap price. There aren't many reviews online for them so wanted to ask if anyone else had any experience using them? I believe they outsource their cases to their panel of solicitors.

Thanks in advance
    They are Scammers. You go through My New Move, they recommend PCS Legal. My New Move claim to open a file, do anti money laundering checks and searches. They are not a legal company and don't have the authority to do so. PCS Legal are a sham of a company. We did not get any action from their legal team and cancelled. They then stated My New Move had not passed the money to them. They are the same company and My New Move has scammed thousands of people out of deposits which they refuse to pay back. 
  • Tranboy
    Tranboy Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    General advice with conveyancing is keep it local. If anything needs changing checking etc it's far easier to pop in with paperwork etc than the whole scanning copying posting waiting for a response routine. I contacted an online company miles away from me  who wanted twice the fee than my local high street were charging so turned the online company down.
  • Tranboy
    Tranboy Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2022 at 4:28PM
    Options
    Having looked on Trustpilot at My New Move they have an 80% bad rating, indeed seem to favour PCS and reading through the comments does seem to confirm they should not be trusted. My conveyancing was done by a local high street firm for a fixed fee of about £750 in 2014 and even with a couple of complications due to a difficult seller that was all I ended up paying. When checking out PCS legal trustpilot warns that fake reviews have been posted and then removed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback