Bought travel insurance through STA travel.

Options
Hi my son bought travel insurance through STA travel who have now ceased trading.
The insurance was to cover a 12 months working holiday in Australia. He is now 8 months through
The policy is with Allianz Insurance. Is he still be covered?
sx

Comments

• bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, they will have merely purchased the insurance for you, Allianz havent gone bust. If you have the policy in writing then you are good to go.
  • sparkiemalarkie
    Options
    Thanks.
    I guessed that was the case... just needed a bit of reassurance really.
    He had the option to extend the insurance for another year if he needed to.  I guess this is something I can take up with the Allianz Insurance team.
    I am so sorry to see this travel agents go. It did an amazing job of getting both my boys off on their travels.
    Brilliant knowledgeable staff and fantastic prices. We're going to really miss it.
    sx
  • atm12
    Options
    With all plans you’ll have a 14 day free look to see if you want to keep the policy and receive a full refund after sending a written notice of cancellation. You’ll also benefit from paying for claims instantly while traveling, without having to wait for reimbursements.There are lots of things that can happen when you’re overseas — stolen or lost luggage, sickness or injury or you may need to cancel your trip before it even begins. Whatever the issue, dealing with problems on vacation can be expensive.

With travel insurance protection from STA Travel, you can protect your trip and your money.In order for you to file a claim with STA Travel insurance, you must provide the company with written notice within 20 days the the event. Include your name, policy number and travel supplier’s name and send it to the address provided on your schedule of benefits or to an authorized STA Travel was started by two students in 1979 to provide affordable flights and adventures to other students on a tight budget. Today, STA still offers for students and other travelers for medical expenses, lost or stolen luggage and personal items, trip delay and accidental death and dismemberment.

The company is administered by CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services and the travel insurance is underwritten by Generali U.S. Branch.designee.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback