Amazon Prime Now

Options
paulhgc
paulhgc Posts: 196 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 13 November 2020 at 2:12PM in Gone off!
Has anyone used prime now what are thoughts ? 
Free delivery over £40 if you are a prime member and delivered in a 2 hr time slot 
Food is from Morrisons but not the full list that is on morrisons website and also notice you dont get all the offers that you would get on morrisons website or in store 

Still cant work out how amazon are making money on this but i am sure someone will enlighten me  

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    There probably isn’t any profit at the moment but they will build up market share first. 
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use them, no problems at all. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Its presumably the old Amazon Pantry they discontinued recently, with a reduced coverage but faster delivery. Shame they couldn't continue to run both side by side!
  • sarah1972
    edited 24 August 2020 at 6:33AM
    Options
    tehone said:
    Its presumably the old Amazon Pantry they discontinued recently, with a reduced coverage but faster delivery. Shame they couldn't continue to run both side by side!
    Amazon Fresh has been going for quite a while as well now, Amazon pantry was mainly dry/non perishable goods.  Fresh is meat etc. Prime now seems to be a mix of the 2 and has also been going for quite a while, just seems that its quicker delivery (sometimes same day) and some non food items can be ordered on Prime Now. 
    I ordered my Echo Show on prime now last year. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    paulhgc said:
    Free delivery over £40 if you are a prime member and delivered in a 2 hr time slot 
    Food is from Morrisons but not the full list that is on morrisons website and also notice you dont get all the offers that you would get on morrisons website or in store 

Still cant work out how amazon are making money on this but i am sure someone will enlighten me  

Prime Now is delivered from dedicated warehouses and mainly aimed at those who need things quickly and don't have a car. They probably make quite a bit from those spending to get up to the delivery charge.
  • paulhgc
    paulhgc Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jon81uk said:
    paulhgc said:

Prime Now is delivered from dedicated warehouses and mainly aimed at those who need things quickly and don't have a car. They probably make quite a bit from those spending to get up to the delivery charge.
    really i thought it was from Morrisons stores i am sure amazon have no warehouses with the capability to store fresh chilled and frozen products YET 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    paulhgc said:
    jon81uk said:
    paulhgc said:

really i thought it was from Morrisons stores i am sure amazon have no warehouses with the capability to store fresh chilled and frozen products YET 

Amazon Prime Now does have warehouses with chillers and freezers. My nearest one is in Bow east London.
  • sarah1972
    Options
    paulhgc said:
    jon81uk said:
    paulhgc said:

Mine is from a Morrisons store 
  • GPark
    GPark Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine is also from a Morrisons store. Crazy thing is, it comes from Cardiff, which is 12 miles away from me, yet there's a Morrisons less than 2 miles from my house! Assuming that means that only selected Morrisons are doing it at the moment. 
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    I think the original service in London comes from dedicated distribution centres, but they've expanded it recently to more towns and cities by using Morrisons stores. In my local store, they have set up an area for the Prime Now packers to work in a vacant retail unit at the front of the store. When the service launched here, you could not order any frozen goods, but that's changed now. 
    I have used it a couple of times and think it's a good service. Handy if you want things at short notice and can't get a proper delivery slot. I used it last week when I learned that I would be having unexpected (but very welcome!) guests for the weekend. Goods ordered Friday morning and delivered that afternoon while I was working at home, and before my guests arrived expecting their supper :smile:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback