Love2Shop Paper Vouchers - problem using them due to COVID19

Options
ANGELFLOWER
ANGELFLOWER Posts: 132 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 21 August 2020 at 5:03PM in Coronavirus support and help
I have some Love2Shop vouchers to use up as they are expiring next month. This is proving a problem as places won't take them due to wanting to be contactless. Argos have told me they won't take them. Looking on Love2Shop's Facebook page numerous people have the same issue and Love2Shop won't help, and people are loosing their money. Maybe this could be picked up by Martin and his team to shame them into doing something for people by extending the dates or something. I don't shop at all the stores mentioned on the vouchers and don't want to have to spend them for the sake of spending them on something I don't want. I will persevere to see if anywhere is taking them. Just thought I'd highlight this in case people aren't aware, and maybe someone has been successful using them somewhere?

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    TK Maxx and Homesense take them
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Galloglass
    Galloglass Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Why not donate them to a Foodbank.
    • All land is owned. If you are not on yours, you are on someone else's
    • When on someone else's be it a road, a pavement, a right of way or a property there are rules. Don't assume there are none.
    • "Free parking" doesn't mean free of rules. Check the rules and if you don't like them, go elsewhere
    • All land is owned. If you are not on yours, you are on someone else's and their rules apply.
    Just visiting - back in 2025
  • ANGELFLOWER
    Options
    Made contact through Facebook with some of the listed merchants. Iceland and Boots have said they will take them. 
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Love2Shop extended the vouchers that were due to expire in June for a month.
    Boots accepted them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It’s going to be fun for all these people that save with somewhere like Park and choose love2shop vouchers as they start sending them out from September. 
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 August 2020 at 1:12PM
    Options
    Not accepting them at all is unacceptable when their logo is on there, tbh. 
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,825 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 August 2020 at 12:52PM
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    It’s going to be fun for all these people that save with somewhere like Park and choose love2shop vouchers as they start sending them out from September. 
    I think the love2shop paper vouchers have now been largely superceded by a balance on a plastic debit type card which cam simply be swiped through a card reader.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    I think the love2shop paper vouchers have now been largely superceded by a balance on a plastic debit type card which cam simply be swiped through a card reader.
    I know it’s available but some people still use vouchers though, I know a few relatives that do. 

Funny enough though Argos still have on their website that paper vouchers are accepted in store and nothing about Covid affecting this and nothing on their Covid update section. 

I’d of asked to speak to the store manager and made a formal complaint. 

They accept cash which can be handled by various people before they receive it so why not paper vouchers? 
  • cool-yeti
    Options
    I have £34.00 of Love2shop vouchers that I’m struggling to spend. I know it’s not a massive amount but it’s more than I want to lose. I chatted in the chat bot on their website and was told if I don’t spend them then I’ll lose the money. When I asked why they were going to steal my money they suggested I email their customer services. 
    Someone is going to make quite a bit of money from all these people with paper vouchers that they can’t spend. 
    I try not to buy vouchers but these were given to me. 
    I don’t really want to visit shops at the moment and most shops want you click and collect which doesn’t really work with paper vouchers. 
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cool-yeti said:
    I have £34.00 of Love2shop vouchers that I’m struggling to spend. I know it’s not a massive amount but it’s more than I want to lose. I chatted in the chat bot on their website and was told if I don’t spend them then I’ll lose the money. When I asked why they were going to steal my money they suggested I email their customer services. 
    Someone is going to make quite a bit of money from all these people with paper vouchers that they can’t spend. 
    I try not to buy vouchers but these were given to me. 
    I don’t really want to visit shops at the moment and most shops want you click and collect which doesn’t really work with paper vouchers. 
    Well put a mask on, go to your nearest Iceland or even boots and spend the vouchers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback