We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Funding an NHS degree as a career change

Today I accepted a place on the BSc Occupational Therapy, an NHS degree.  
I currently already have a degree, a PGCE and a Masters.  I have been a teacher for 12 years.
I understand that tuition fee loans are available for second degrees in health subjects, so that is fine, but I am sat here suddenly worried that because I have a PGCE and a Masters that suddenly I won't be given a tuition fee loan for my career change.

Can anyone help? I've tried to apply to student finance tonight but I have to call them and it won't let me do it online
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards