New Post Advanced Search

Is this roof quote reasonable?

1 reply 131 views
LeodoggerLeodogger Forumite
889 posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
We have a two bed semi bungalow and recently decided perhaps our bungalow needs a new roof.   It had an Aqua Shield paint job about 10 yrs ago by the previous owner on a concrete pantile roof which a previous roofer had told us was a bad idea, but whilst getting a quote for a new carport roof, the roofing contractor remarked that perhaps we should think about a new roof as it is about 50-60 yrs old and anyway the paint job was not a good idea as it stops the roof from breathing and the lower corner of the front end is sagging as well.   He quoted £4000 for it to be retiled and obviously repaired where necessary with new batons.    Does this sound reasonable ?

Replies

• sinkorswim2018sinkorswim2018 Forumite
    136 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    I recently had some guttering re done. I was told my batons needs replacing, they showed me a pience that broke like a biscuit in thier hands. Not had it done yet, but they quited me £2500 for half my roof on  a 3 bed semi. That replacing the batons and re fitting hte existing tiles. I believe the scaffolding is costly so probably on the money. I'm planning an extensions next year so thought I'd get it done together.