New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Sending sweets and soda to usa

10 replies 502 views
Hey I just wanted to know about sending sweets and soda to USA, my partner wants some british candy and I have no idea how I would send it like he mentioned about a form from the fda but I dont know if I need this.
Any help would be appreciated also which is they best way to send a parcel.

Replies

• HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey I just wanted to know about sending sweets and soda to USA, my partner wants some british candy and I have no idea how I would send it like he mentioned about a form from the fda but I dont know if I need this.
    Sending "Candy" and "Soda" to the USA.   LOL.  :D

Yes, you need the form. Read through below for link to the FDA form.

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending-uk/sending-food-usa
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    17.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a job to find Candy or Soda in the UK .
  • DiamondLilDiamondLil Forumite
    385 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    JJ_Egan said:
    Have a job to find Candy or Soda in the UK .

Plenty of soda in the UK ;)image 1 of Dri Pak Soda Crystals 1Kg
  • edited 13 August at 6:10PM
    MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 13 August at 6:10PM
    Not sure you are allowed to send 'soda' because it's fizzy and will probably explode en route. I've been to the States and I KNOW that they definitely have candy and soda. Can't you just take it when you go? Or give him some when he comes to the UK?  I do admit that British sweets are far superior to those in the US. Soda is much the same. And too fizzy to post.

Lots of info here : https://!!!!!!/30VK34O  if you just click.

• edited 13 August at 7:43PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 August at 7:43PM
    Are there no websites in the US who sell English foods ?
    I dont think sending soda from the UK is a wise decision.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 27 August at 11:14PM
    ahdinkoahdinko Forumite
    9 posts
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 August at 11:14PM
    I sent one 2 years ago to a friend in the US and it arrived in one piece. Obviously just use a box suitably strong enough for the goods you are sending. I had a good extra thick cardboard box from an Amazon Pantry delivery that i reused. No forms to fill out at all, as far as i know the FDA stuff is for businesses, not private individuals. I believe it was sent via UPS but there are sites you can use like parcel2go which is a bit like the comparison sites but for posting stuff.
    There was no fizzy stuff in my box though, not sure if that makes a difference but it was mostly sweets, biscuits, jarred goods.
    He sent me one back that had a bottle of wine in amongst other stuff, no customs issues and it made it in one piece
  • ahdinkoahdinko Forumite
    9 posts
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    DCFC79 said:
    Are there no websites in the US who sell English foods ?
    I dont think sending soda from the UK is a wise decision.
    Most of them charge an arm and a leg, especially for stuff with a short shelf life like crumpets.
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    17.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes most crumpet has a short shelf life .At least that's what Alfie says .
  • EmmiaEmmia Forumite
    645 posts
    500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I've successfully used this company before to send british chocolate and other items to my sister, who was living in the US at the time. 

https://www.britishfoodsupplies.com/
  • ancientmumancientmum Forumite
    294 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    When my son was on a student exchange in USA last year I sent him sweets, wrapped cakes and breakfast cereal via our Post Office.  Did not have to fill in forms, just declare the contents when posting
    If life is a journey, I want comfy shoes :

Grocery Challenge 2020: £1600.71/1500 yearly spend