Lloyds TSB PPi Claim

I  submitted a claim for PPI on my business account, I closed down in  2003, however \\i gave them bank account number, and  business address, claim was submitted on 23 aug 2019 despite severalphone call to them I have  still not had any offer from them

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well if you closed the account in 2003 then it’s unlikely you’ll be able to make a claim. If you mean you’ve complained then it’s not a case of complaint = offer of redress. They would have had to upheld your complaint, made sure you hadn’t claimed on it whilst it was active (as this May lower any Potential redress offered) then make sure you didn’t have outstanding debt with them, weren’t in an IVA or bankruptcy as that would mean you’d get nothing potentially either.

then you’ve the fact that PPI wasn’t sold on business accounts. Add all that together and it might go some way to answering your question, especially the last bit.

g’luck
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,332 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is it a limited company or sole trader/partnership?
    If the business shut down and is a limted company and is showing inactive at companies house, then you may not have the right to lodge a complaint as the legal entity no longer exists.

IIRC Lloyds never retailed PPI on a current account.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Lloyd's TSB Commercial Overdraft Repayment Insurance and Bank Loan Repayment Insurance paid out on death but I'm led to believe they were forms of PPI??  Would this not mean they would pay loan repayments on sickness as well?
    Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure