Made redundant & employer replacing my job

Any advice please. 
I have just been made redundant and currently on garden leave until the end of August. I have worked for the company 5 years and I was the only employee in the marketing dept, (colleagues in the sales team Dept  also did marketing within their job roles). I was told during my sole consultation that my department was closing down and all the marketing work was being outsourced. And that this was purely a financial decision due to Covid. Today I have been informed the company has been exceeding sales targets every month without fail and a colleague currently under the sales team dept will be completely changing their job role to work in marketing instead. I had a feeling this was going to happen and raised this scenario during my consultation- which was flatly denied.  Are they perfectly within their rights to do this? To clarify, I was the only person in the company who was made redundant. I work part time, and I’ve never had any disputes. Ironically I even received a marketing award from HO in March.  

I do not know if worth investigating further or if I have any case or just to walk away. 

Thanks for reading, this forum has been really helpful. 

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,437
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you were part time and the new marketing role is full time, then your marketing role was definitely redundant. 
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • If you were part time and the new marketing role is full time, then your marketing role was definitely redundant. 
    I offered to go full time during my consultation as part of my suggestions, this was considered and rejected. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback