We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour.
Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help To Buy - Waiting Times
We're currently in the ridiculous waiting que for HTB to process our ATP and ATE.
We did get an ATP issued over a month ago, but when processing the form one our solicitors noticed there was an error in the mortgage amount - this changed slightly when we had to switch from Halifax to Natwest. This meant we had to resubmit our ATP, which we've still not had back after nearly 3 weeks. I keep calling to try and stress the issue and they say it'll be done but never is.
Has anyone else had this issue or managed to get it hastened? We're in rented accomodation at the moment and due to hand our keys back next week.
I find it mad it takes this long to change one number on a form, especially when the house is built and ready to move in.
Comments
-
Because originally the dates lined up quite well, and our landlord wasn't willing to extend our contract by anything less than 3 months (a cost of over £3000). We have our mortgage offer and everything else in place, literally just waiting on HTB.0
-
If you don't have ATP already, I cannot see how you are going to have ATE and completion next week! What is your broker saying?0
-
That wasn't the landlords decision to make, it's your legal right to go onto a periodic tenancy for no cost if you wish. In fact, if you haven't actually given notice then this option is still available to you.Peopee said:Because originally the dates lined up quite well, and our landlord wasn't willing to extend our contract by anything less than 3 months (a cost of over £3000).0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.2K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards