We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ripple Energy wind farm?

1…102103104105106108»

Comments

  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,807 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    As you might recall, Kirk Hill will be delivering future member payments via the Ethex platform. I didn't have a pre-existing Ethex account, so a few weeks ago (possibly late August) I completed the Kirk Hill Ethex registration form.

    Everything went quiet until last week, when I received an email from Ethex saying they were going to complete their know-your-customer checks. Those could take six weeks, and after that there would be another two week delay before KH could pay me anything.

    So it seems things are happening, albeit slowly!

    Unrelated to Ethex, I was looking at the KH dashboard earlier. I thought the annual totals were interesting.

    Looking at what my 1280-watt share of the farm (0.068% of it!) made, and comparing to my energy import as reported in the Octopus app:

    • 2025: 3650 kWh from Kirk Hill, vs. 3030 kWh imported.
    • 2026 to date: 3130 kWh from KH, vs. 3300 kWh imported.

    Considering we hadn't bought an EV when I joined KH, and so I had to guess how much electricity we'd be using, that's not a bad match.

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
  • Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 3,003 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    I was looking at the KH dashboard earlier.

    Hats off to the developer/coder, it is excellent and keeps getting excellenter. I thought I was hallucinating, at first, when the tomorrow forecast appeared on the drop-down.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.