Forum Home» Benefits & Tax Credits

Cheque of repayment of Income Tax.

New Post Advanced Search

Cheque of repayment of Income Tax.

1 reply 73 views

Hi, I need some advice, I got a letter yesterday from HM Revenue & Customs and it’s a cheque of £18.80 - I was just wondering, do I need to inform Universal Credit of this? and will it deduct my UC next month?

It’s a repayment of Income Tax from 2019 - 2020.

Any advice would be great, thanks!


  • edited 4 August at 7:08AM
    calcotticalcotti Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 4 August at 7:08AM
    You should inform UC. If you were in work in 2019-20 the repayment will be treated as earnings and a 63% deduction made (unless you have a Work Allowance which has not been used up).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support