Payment plan showing as default letter

Options
Last year I was struggling due to being underpaid at work. I missed two payments with Tesco and 4 months later (I was paying on time and over the min) they suggested a payment plan. The payment plan was for over the minimum and I agreed. Tesco has put this on my credit file as default. I am going to write to them to and see if they will remove it. Does anyone have any sample letters? or anything I can reference to get it removed.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,887 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Once an account defaults, it cannot undefault, it’s akin to smashing a pane of glass, it cannot be put back together again.
    You should have been made aware a default was indeed possible, but it cannot be reversed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • bebex
    bebex Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Once an account defaults, it cannot undefault, it’s akin to smashing a pane of glass, it cannot be put back together again.
    You should have been made aware a default was indeed possible, but it cannot be reversed.
    Surely they legally have to inform me that it is a default? I have a letter that states they have accepted my payment plan ut have not mentioned that is a default? 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Keep the default. The alternative is an arrangement, which will be worse in the long run.
  • bebex
    First Post
    Options
    Keep the default. The alternative is an arrangement, which will be worse in the long run.
    Does it come under a DMP if I was paying more than the minium? 
  • SpreadableToast
    Options
    bebex said:
    Did you make up the two missed payments?
  • MinuteNoodles
    MinuteNoodles Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    bebex said:
    Surely they legally have to inform me that it is a default? I have a letter that states they have accepted my payment plan ut have not mentioned that is a default? 
    What are in the terms and conditions you signed up to? Usually in there somewhere is something about them applying a default for missed payments.
    Acceptance of a payment plan doesn't mean you can't get a default. You default the minute you don't comply with the original repayment terms you agreed to when you signed up.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bebex said:
    Are you sure it's not the missed payments that triggered the default? The payment plan doesn't change that you missed two payments.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,887 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They should have sent you a default notice, giving you 14 days to remedy the breech, to default so soon is unusual, but the lack of a default notice initself, carries no penalty, so you are stuck with it unfortunatly.
    If you complain, and win, then the default may be replaced with AP markers, which are far worse in the long run.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • bebex
    First Post
    Options
    bebex said:
    Did you make up the two missed payments?
    Yes I paid all the missing payments in the 3 month 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure