Forum Home» Benefits & Tax Credits

Universal Credit - When Do I Get My Login Details ?

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Universal Credit - When Do I Get My Login Details ?

2 replies 91 views
Hey guys i have really hit hard times and im having to put a claim in for UC. I done the online application, created a government gateway account to verify my identity, i got a call from an adviser who wanted to verify something, i was then told someone would call me back within a few days. I have not received another call and my housing case worker said to check the progress online. I tried to login to the UC website but it wont accept my government gateway login. Am i missing something do i get my login details soon once its been processed or something? Thanks all.

Replies

• Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    The UC login details are what you used to create the account and start the claim. Government Gateway is a different account (though it says you can login to UC with gov.uk verify? Haven't tried it myself).
  • mystic_bertiemystic_bertie Forumite
    592 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    The UC login details are what you used to create the account and start the claim. Government Gateway is a different account (though it says you can login to UC with gov.uk verify? Haven't tried it myself).
    I managed to get my username and password by using the forgot username and password links, many thanks, i had no idea about using the UC website as i forgot my login details during the long winded application and then being made to verify using a government gateway account. After doing my online application i never got any email or instructions on what to do next or how to access the website. Really poor show from them if you have never used it before.