Is this a Significant change? Travel republic

I have a holiday booked to Dubai on the 27th August returning on 6th september, all flights, accomodation and transfers booked as a package.

I was hoping to cancel and claim on my insurance with the Post Office if the FCO advice was not to travel.  I am covered for this as I took out the travel insurance on 3rd March.
I have now found out that my outbound and return flight with emirates has been changed, I'm assuming the originals have been cancelled.
Outbound from 9.20am to 2.30pm
Return from 6th september 2.30pm Dubai time to 7th September 7.20am Dubai time (17 hours).  Travel republic have not told me this.
Questions
Is this a Significant change?
My hotel is only booked until the 6th september if I do go does TR have to pay for the extra nights stay?
Will TR refund me if this change is not acceptable to me

Should I wait until TR contact me with my options?.

Thank you for any advise

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Outbound is marginal. Inbound, no, especially given that you'd need to book an extra night. No, they don't have to pay for it, but, given the date change, you should be entitled to a full refund if they want to surcharge you.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Wait for TR to provide you with the options. Some customers maybe happy to extend the duration of their holiday. 
  • Sale2018
    Sale2018 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you.  TR are saying they are contacting everyone by departure date order so will see how long they take to contact me!  
    Would my travel insurance cover me for the extra day, as I'm covered till the 6th september.  I suppose not.  Will need to ring and ask.  Will update.

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Sale2018 said:

Would my travel insurance cover me for the extra day, as I'm covered till the 6th september.  I suppose not.  Will need to ring and ask.  Will update.

Renew the policy. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure