We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Has anyone bought a lawnmower that they could recommend?

Options
Hi folks,I need to buy a lawnmower,I want a corded rotatary mower and I will spend no more than £150 and would love one a lot cheaper if possible.I did have a flymo but I'm thinking about going to a wheeled model this year,I have a feeling that a lot of mowers are cheaply made compared to 10 years ago when I go my last one,so if anyone feels that they have one that's well made,that's a bonus.So if you can suggest a certain model and maybe a place that has good deals online,that would be great.I'm a non driver and the only DIY store is Homebase,so online sellers are better for me.Mnay thanks

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The standard answer to this question is: Bosch Rotak.
    Whether it will still be working brilliantly in 35 years, like my Honda, is a question you've only implied, but the answer's "No."
  • toadhall99
    toadhall99 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Davesnave said:
    The standard answer to this question is: Bosch Rotak.
    Whether it will still be working brilliantly in 35 years, like my Honda, is a question you've only implied, but the answer's "No."

Thanks I will have a look at them,I'm sure one of the Bosch mowers people have been saying on the net that one of them that is made in the UK is a good one but the ones made in China are supposed to be inferior,just a matter of finding a good one then
  • ElephantBoy57
    Options
    I bought this one around 4/5 years ago when it was £100, it has just kept going, that is quite high inflation.
    I bought it because I would be going to other peoples houses and this would be going in the boot of my car. At that time it was the lightest of the cheapo mowers.
    You need to think about how wide you want the cut to be and whether you want self-propelled.

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I got a secondhand Bosch [ no idea what model] on facebook for thirty quid two years ago. It does the job and is what I would call really lightweight after lumping around petrol mowers. I know this isnt particularly helpful with regards to recommending a specific model but I'm just saying perhaps a secondhand one will be cheaper and just as good.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • DiggerUK
    DiggerUK Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Middle at Lidl, Argos, B&M, local Facebook page, shop window advert..._
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business