Packlink/ Sending to Isle of Man

I recently sold an item on eBay to a buyer in the Isle of Man and used Packlink (Hermes) to send.  I hit problems immediately as the label was not generated straight away as it usually is, so I sent a cancellation request due to 'Label not available'.
Almost 5 hours later, and unfortunately before I had posted the parcel via Royal Mail as I had by then intended to do, the shipping label arrived. Assuming Packlink had sent the label instead of cancelling the service as I had requested, I used it.
I now realise that I should not have done this after requesting a cancellation and have just received an e-mail basically telling me off for using the label and saying that Packlink now have absolutely no responsibility for my parcel and what happens to it, which seems to be a marvellous coincidence as 2 days after being picked up by Hermes my parcel is apparently on its way to a courier in Bolton (15 miles up the road from where it was dropped off at the the Parcelshop) rather than being in/ on its its way to the Isle of Man.
Has anyone had a similar experience, and how did it play out please ?
TIA
Sarah

Comments

• sarahb
    sarahb Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    UPDATE
    Just in case anyone else is ever looking for an answer to a similar issue, my parcel was delivered this morning.
    I can only guess that Hermes ship IOM parcels via Bolton and that is why it is the final tracking point before delivery (??)
    Anyway, posted in Manchester on Saturday, delivered in IOM on Tuesday - very good service !
     :) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure