One pool redundancy

Hi 
I am new to the forum so please go easy. I am looking for some advice on my redundancy situation. 
I have been told that I am in a redundancy pool for one and I am not sure if this is correct? 
I have been with my employer for 9 years and 8 months and my job title is logistics branch manager (recruitment), I have been told that my role has been made redundant and I am in a redundancy pool of one. My area manager is going to take over my duties. However my question to you all is if my company has other branch managers who do a similar role to me should they also not be in the pool? The other branch managers fall under the industrial branch manager title (warehouse and production operatives). Me and my counterparts do the same job we manage a team who recruit and we report figures into a senior and we all attend a branch manager meeting every second month. 
Do you think this is grounds for unfair redundancy dismissal? 

Thanks and regards

liam 

Comments

• theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,221
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do you work at the same site as these other branch managers? 
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • There is one other branch manager at my site at the moment (Heywood office), one in an office in liverpool, one in Doncaster, on in Halifax (a site that I also work out of occasionally), one in the East Midlands and one in Bristol.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback