Forum Home» Random Acts of Kindness and All things Positive!

Does anyone have a famous friend to help cheer up some seriously ill children?

New Post Advanced Search

Does anyone have a famous friend to help cheer up some seriously ill children?

3 replies 534 views
The charity Post Pals is holding frequent online Zoom sessions for seriously ill children and their siblings who have been stuck at home since Feb (most families pulled their kids out of school early). Last week Fearne Cotton held a drawing session with the kids, other weeks they have to make do with me holding dolls tea parties or Lego parties! I wondered if anyone had a famous or talented friend who might be able to volunteer an hour as a one off? Anything from a Minecraft Youtuber who can chat Minecraft and have kids share their favourite Minecraft creations to a singer/musician who can get the kids creating some music together from their living rooms and hospital wards, or a talent show judge who kids can do a short little performance for. The idea was just to give the kids some social contact but we have actually seen the kids grow in confidence when they have their art work or Lego praises.  We have a huge age range and abilities range but even the kids who aren’t able to physically take part still enjoy the sessions, our Pal Lewis had his nurse draw Fearne’s sea creatures, aliens and a butterfly 😃 So far we have had a few Lego parties with a side in designing lush bath bombs for those who didn’t have Lego, dolls/ponies tea party, meet my pet, show and tell and drawing.

thank you!
Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk

Replies

• FBL1993FBL1993 Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi, I don't know anyone famous myself but it is really worth getting in touch with celebrities just to ask if they will appear/talk/interact -  sometimes they are more than happy to. You can find info very quickly using Twitter etc
  • epm-84epm-84 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have Post Pals partnered with any of the many organisations which are already set up to benefit seriously ill children?

For instance I know Jason Manford, John Bishop and Noddy Hodall are all actively involved with the Children's Adventure Farm Trust.
  • FletchkovFletchkov Forumite
    5 posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Ooh just read this, I know someone famous in the you tube world for doing Minecraft stuff .....will copy and paste this to him