Holiday entitlement during redundancy

Hi,
After some advice. I am being made redundant and during consultation they advised my final pay would include untaken holidays. When I received my redundancy letter they changed this and told me I have to use them or lose them. I get that they are entitled to this, however  I spoke to Acas and they advised that if I don’t book them and they don’t book them for me and advise that they have done this, I am entitled to be payed for untaken leave in my final pay. Is this correct?

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They have to give you notice twice as long as they want you to take. Although I would guess the redundancy letter would be classed as notice as they want you to take them. So it depends how many days you have left and how long notice period you have. 
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think yes (at least for your 28 days statutory leave), but other posters have disagreed with me on the same question before.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Contracts can override the statutory notice for holidays.
    Not unusual to have a clause like "we may require you to take holiday during notice period".
    That means they can give zero notice to take a holiday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback