New Post Advanced Search

Student year abroad insurance

1 reply 21 views
My daughter is due to spend a year abroad working as a teaching assistant in Madrid. Can anyone recommend what insurance she would require and who could supply it? I hope her University will advise on such matters, but I would like to check it out myself. Any suggestions always appreciated.


  • hucksterhuckster Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Long stay Travel Insurance including her working should be ok.  Normally the exclusion is no manual labour, but teaching should be ok, unless she is helping to teach bricklaying or similar.  BUT your Daughter should phone the Insurance company before taking out the Insurance just to make sure it is going to cover her.   Then she can ask questions about the cover. 

    STA Travel Insurance who deal with students may be worth phoning to discuss this, as they will deal with such arrangement on a daily basis.

    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support