Forum Home» Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Am I entitled to a full refund if part of my trip was cancelled due to COVID-19

New Post Advanced Search

Am I entitled to a full refund if part of my trip was cancelled due to COVID-19

1 reply 61 views
RachelMasseyRachelMassey Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I booked a 4 night stay at a UK Holiday site from Monday 23rd - Friday 27th March. We arrived on the Monday but after Boris' announcement we hd to leave first thing Tuesday morning as the site was closing. I paid £99 per night, so £396 in total. The provider only wants to refund me for the 3 nights I couldn't stay, but I feel being charged the full £99 for one evening is outragious, espeically when other factors went into the trip such as fuel charges and food for the 5 days. I booked a 4 night stay, which is not what I received. Am I entitield to a full refund or just the partial amoutn for the 3 days?

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    29.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A three night refund seems correct.  Your fuel charges remain static regardless of the duration. 

If you also paid the site for 5 days of food, you should get a pro-rata refund for that.  If it's food you bought yourself, you can still eat that.