Moving Property

Options
Hello, hope you are all keeping well
I've just moved out of my parents and moved in with my partner. I called to inform the DWP to confirm a change of address. I asked the person on the phone if I will need to fill out a new claims form or need another assessment but he wasn't very helpful over the phone and quite rude and told me he wasn't sure .
Will moving effect my current claim? nothing has changed in regarding my health.
Your help would be much appreciated. 

Comments

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 July 2020 at 3:48PM
    Options
    Steven_C said:
    I've just moved out of my parents and moved in with my partner. I called to inform the DWP to confirm a change of address. I asked the person on the phone if I will need to fill out a new claims form or need another assessment but he wasn't very helpful over the phone and quite rude and told me he wasn't sure .
    Will moving effect my current claim? nothing has changed in regarding my health.
    What benefits do you claim? Change of address and moving in with a partner will most likely affect any means-tested benefit but not any non-means-tested such as PIP.
  • Steven_C
    Steven_C Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Steven_C said:
    What benefits do you claim? Change of address and moving in with a partner will most likely affect any means-tested benefit but not any non-means-tested such as PIP.
    I currently receive PIP enhanced mobility rate. 
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,430 Forumite
    Options
    Steven_C said:
    Steven_C said:
    Oh, then no. You were right to inform them of your change of address but it won't affect anything
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    edited 24 July 2020 at 9:37PM
    Options
    Steven_C said:
    Steven_C said:

Does your partner claim any benefits? If so then which ones?
  • Steven_C
    Steven_C Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Steven_C said:
    Steven_C said:

Does your partner claim any benefits? If so then which ones?
    No she doesn’t claim any benefits. She works full time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback