We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Life Insurance post-mortgage
Comments
-
Who knows, but as institutional investors they've probably got a whole host of options not available to the layman. Plus, they don't need to worry about the inflation, it's the funeral director who does. They are the ones who are committing to cover the cost of the funeral based on today's rates and not those in 20-years. The only element the funeral plan provider needs to worry about is the disbursement costs, however, these typically only increase with normal RPI/CPI inflation.0
-
I’m now lucky to be mortgage free and have life insurance of about £41/mth. I am sure it’s not linked to mortgage so is it worth just keeping as it’s fairly low premium for £100k ? Think it’s got another 9yrs left to run.
I’m 56 and hubby is £58, he had suffered heart problems a few years ago but Is well now.
MFW December 2026
Initial mtg £100,000 Jan 2021Final payment made balance £0 May 2026
mortgage free part II done!
retirement planning started June 26
H&L share ac started.0 -
Just life or Life & Critical Illness?
Ultimately it your choice, how do your finance stack up if one of you dies tomorrow? Can one person alone sustain the lifestyle you are used to without the income/support of the other? Obviously if it includes CI then that broadens the question to if one of you becomes ill and can't work again
0 -
Unfortunately not critical cover at that price. we have isa savings and could seriously downsize which would bring in a fair bit as we bought a larger house as an Investment.
I guess because my hubby had a cardiac arrest 3 years ago I’m a bit nervous to get rid.
Even though he’s well, my thinking is it would help our daughter out as i could give her half and still be ok.
On the other side my hubby has private pension and would get some of my nhs one but I would like them to be comfortable if I died.
I think in 9 years they would get £4428 of our money so it may be worth it for extra piece of mind.
MFW December 2026
Initial mtg £100,000 Jan 2021Final payment made balance £0 May 2026
mortgage free part II done!
retirement planning started June 26
H&L share ac started.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
