Salary Sacrifice if Paid in Lieu of Notice

Grateful for the readers' advice on this -

About to be made redundant

i'm trying to know whether I will still get the sacrificed part of my reference salary paid into my pension (by the employer) if paid in lieu of notice - if not, I will reduce the amount that I sacrifice before notice is served, so that they need to pay me my full reference salary rather than the reduced post-sacrifice salary.  Otherwise I will carry on sacrificing a sizeable part to take advantage of NI relief which is decent since I am a higher earner. 

Notice period is 3 months

No statutory redundancy pay applicable as less than 2 years service

Employment contract says: "payment in lieu will not include any element of any payment in respect of benefits which the employee would have been entiltled to receive during the period for which payment in lieu is made"

Salary Sacrifice terms say: "with effect from the date of submission, I agree to my salary being reduced in exchange for an equivalent amount being contributed by the company to (my pension)"  and  " I confirm that I am aware that salary exchange will constitute a change to the t's & c's of my employment and by submitting the form I agree to that change"

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure