New Post Advanced Search

Power trust!

3 replies 171 views
greengreenredgreengreenred Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Dear all. My late Mother’s son has asked me to stand back as an executor. I do not trust him in anyway. Should go for ‘power reserved’ or have a Solicetor deal with the estate? 


  • Keep_pedallingKeep_pedalling Forumite
    8.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Tell him you are not prepared to do that, you do it together, he steps down or as a last resort you appoint a solicitor. 
  • JGB1955JGB1955 Forumite
    982 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    If you don't trust him I think you should insist on continuing as joint executor.  If you reserve your power it may be too late to act if you later suspect he is 'up to something'. 
    #36 Saving for Christmas 2020 - £1 a day challenge.... £503/366...
  • xylophonexylophone Forumite
    35.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
     I do not trust him in anyway. 

    Then why on earth would you even consider standing down?

    You tell him that the choice is apply jointly or  appoint a solicitor, costs to come from the estate.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support