Questions in redundancy consultation

Please can anybody advise?
I have just completed my first redundancy consultation and have the only role in this particular department.  I asked the question if there were any other roles at risk of redundancy in other departments, but they refused to answer this - saying it does not concern me. As the consultation was about my role only. Is this correct are they within their rights to withhold this information? As I have no idea if it is just my role at risk, as there are employees under a different job title who do overlap on the work I do.  
Thank you for reading this. 

Comments

• happyc84
    happyc84 Posts: 321
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Sallyanne, sorry to hear you have been selected for redundancy. The company are going through the min  legal requirements to keep themselves in the clear. A few questions - how long have you been there; 2 years or more is good. Are they offering any alternative employment options, and lastly are you in trade union.

Good luck with this difficult situation.
  • happyc84 said:
    Hi Sallyanne, sorry to hear you have been selected for redundancy. The company are going through the min  legal requirements to keep themselves in the clear. A few questions - how long have you been there; 2 years or more is good. Are they offering any alternative employment options, and lastly are you in trade union.

Good luck with this difficult situation.
    Thank you, I have been with the company over 4 years and I am not in a trade union. I am currently on furlough, they have not offered me any other roles within the company. (Whilst on furlough they filled two positions but I was not asked to do these roles as they said I was over qualified and the pay would be less).  
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Unless the pay was significantly less they still should have offered it as an alternative. As even a £1,000 or £2,000 cut per year could be considered reasonable for job security and potentially less stress. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback