Credit Card Refund Help

I recently purchased a mountain bike from a well known outdoors shop for the price of £1699.

I paid for the mountain bike using my 'Tesco' Mastercard.

Discovering several faults with the bike, I had to return it to the store after less than a week, and as it could not be satisfactorily repaired, the manager of the store offered me a full refund. Which I accepted.

Unfortunately, (due to my own confusion in the store), the refund transaction was credited to my second credit card. A 'M&S Bank' Mastercard.

On realising my error when I got home, I returned to the store the same day and discussed the problem with the manager. Regrettably he could not provide a solution.

M&S Bank have informed me that the refund will be deemed to be ‘Null and Void’, as the original transaction to purchase the bike was not carried out using the M&S credit card, and the money will not be refunded from the store to my credit card account.

The store manager told me he could not do another refund transaction, as he has no proof the first refund did not go through.

I have informed the customer services at the stores head office, but they are not replying to my emails.

Can anyone help and tell me how I can get my refund?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have you actually checked your M&S account?
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    My expectation is that the refund will simply be credited to the M&S card.  I would be very surprised if anything else happened. 

Bear in mind that refunds usually don’t show any trace for a few days, unlike purchases which have an instant effect on the available credit. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback