Promos 17th July

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: FREE LISTING email alerts - no chat.

Comments

• Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ebay £1 Maximum Fee 17 July - 20 July 2020 Select accounts
    https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/149h32/index.htm
    only pay 2 % on selling fees 17 July - 20 July 2020 Select accounts
    https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/17073d/
    It appears the first link is wrong? (I get the message saying the offer has expired)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve split this from the no chat thread.

Both links work for me although I’ve not been invited so can’t sign up. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was only able to sign up to the 2% on selling fees both are for selected accounts and won't be available to everyone 
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Emily_Joy said:
    Ebay £1 Maximum Fee 17 July - 20 July 2020 Select accounts
    https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/149h32/index.htm
    only pay 2 % on selling fees 17 July - 20 July 2020 Select accounts
    https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/17073d/
    It appears the first link is wrong? (I get the message saying the offer has expired)

I see that error message too; but it's a moot point if both offers are by select invitation only.  :-(

The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • girlchops
    girlchops Posts: 331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    when i logged in after midnight i have 50% off FvF for 100 listings but my sister has nothing on her account and neither does my friend!
    BTW i haven't received an email yet but looked under promos on the selling page 
    HTH  :)
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,589 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 July 2020 at 10:59AM
    Options
    50% off here, without sounding ungrateful, would rather the 2% or sell for £1 really.

I assume they are trying to judge the up take on different promos to break the constant sell for £1 promo they've been running for years to get some extra money out of private sellers. 

Once managed payments comes for private sellers as well I can't see eBay doing sell for £1 too often as they'll lose too much. 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve got 2% FVFs for a week on my main private account, haven’t checked the other one yet. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • challengedavid
    Options
    £1 on one 50% on the other account,
    the £1 i took up, the other not interested as my listings on that account still have nearly 20 days of max 2% fees left
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback