Item delivered twice - can the seller get it back

Hi, I run a small business and during lockdown, when all of my staff were furloughed, I accidentally sent a customer 8 chairs instead of 4.
I realised this when I had 2 invoices from the manufacturer. 
I have contacted the customer and she is not cooperating.
is there anything that I can do?
Thank you

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,769
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I've moved this to the small business board, as you placed it on the student board, which is not the right place for this thread.
    You may not receive many replies as MSE tends to focus on consumer rather than business issues.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Thank you 😊 
  • Sorry, I’m very new to this, do you know how I can see it?
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,346
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 15 July 2020 at 10:10AM
    Even though it was your mistake, legally the customer cannot keep the extra four chairs as they have not paid for them.  You could send a courier to pick them up, but if they refuse to hand them over you will have to go through the courts.

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,181
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Unless the customer co-operates it will be very difficult.  This may be one to put down to experience especially if the value is not too high.  It may not be worth pursuing too far.  Opening a court case costs fees and there is no guarantee of getting money even if you 'win'.
    I know that after doing something similar myself, it had the effect of making me extra careful when processing orders in the future.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback