edited 15 July at 7:36AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
3 replies 173 views
johnsons_babyjohnsons_baby Forumite
388 posts
Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
✭✭
edited 15 July at 7:36AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Good Morning 
I am having a big sort out of paperwork and using furlough time to get everything in order.

I claim for a child with various medical issues and child receives higher care but no mobility. Mobility issues have been present since starting claiming 6 years ago but no award made but made reference to such on forms stating walking ability and frequently falling. Did not challenge at the time as felt without diagnosis it was fruitless. Child has now been diagnosed with juvenile arthritis, mobility remains difficult, child falls and breaks bones.

Child was due for review in August but received text and then I followed up with a phone call, child’s review has been put back to next March. I asked what I would do if I had new medical information which may change her claim status, advisor said they didn’t know and would get someone to call back, which was 6 weeks ago, still possible someone could call but not holding out hope!

If I submitted child’s new medical evidence would their review be brought forward? It just feels a long time to wait for a review when child has difficulties now and has had for a number of years. 

Just unsure if evidence would be consider outside of normal review period.

Many Thanks

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    10.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will need to ring DWP to report a worsening of condition for your child. You will then be sent more forms to fill in and return with all your evidence. The current award will continue until a decision's made on the new claim.
  • johnsons_babyjohnsons_baby Forumite
    388 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thank you 
    I did that and received a review form yesterday,
    I have been asked to complete and return by 8th August, which seems quite a short space of time, plus we are waiting on an appointment on the 12th which would be useful to put the letter in as evidence . I will ask for an extension of time but felt it was slightly odd to ask it to be returned so quickly 
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    10.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may have taken a while to get to you. Usually it's a month to return it. They will extend the them by 14 days. Which most likely won't be enough of time for you to receive that appointment letter to send with the form. You can of course send the letter as evidence after the form has been returned.