Do i have to resume my gym membership?

I am a member of one of the big gyms but was frozen and I cancelled my direct debit on lock down. Now they say they are reopening do I have to go back? I am a carer for my elderly mother who is shielding due to co-morbidities so I don't feel safe to go back yet. In addition to this the gym are changing and reducing all their classes which no longer suits my families needs. Can anyone advise?

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I am a member of one of the big gyms but was frozen and I cancelled my direct debit on lock down. Now they say they are reopening do I have to go back? I am a carer for my elderly mother who is shielding due to co-morbidities so I don't feel safe to go back yet. In addition to this the gym are changing and reducing all their classes which no longer suits my families needs. Can anyone advise?
    What does your contract say? Cancelling your Direct Debit does not cancel the contract.
  • I think we are meant to give notice but wondered under the circumstances especially as they are making so many limitations on being able to attends whether this would alter that 
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Talk to them.  That's the only way you'll know if they're prepared to be flexible, otherwise it's down to your contract. 
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,181 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Every gym should have a policy on this (I know ours has). Just contact them and find out what it is.
    Past caring about first world problems.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure