You Tube Error Message

edited 14 July at 6:31PM in Techie Stuff
6 replies 60 views
aardvaakaardvaak Forumite
5.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 14 July at 6:31PM in Techie Stuff
Can someone please tell me why every time I try to look at a You Tube video I get a error message then I wait a minute or two and the video comes on?

Replies

• Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    No! Please enlighten us as to how you’re viewing. 
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • aardvaakaardvaak Forumite
    5.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a laptop/desktop computor Win 10 Firefox

• Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the usual Firefox things - disable extensions and make a new profile.  If issue goes away, one or the other is causing it.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aardvaak said:
    Can someone please tell me why every time I try to look at a You Tube video I get a error message then I wait a minute or two and the video comes on?

My crystal ball is away for its annual service ......... 🙄
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • aardvaakaardvaak Forumite
    5.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the usual Firefox things - disable extensions and make a new profile.  If issue goes away, one or the other is causing it.
    Thank you, I looked in extensions and I think it was an ad blocker causing it.
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    30.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adblocker?

Youtube have changed the way the adverts are pushed. Think it was 2 days ago I had an advert on Youtube
    first time in many years. Checked my addons and my adblocker had an update pending, updated it and
    no more adverts.

Youtube are pushing more adverts onto creators, adverts in the middle of your videos that are 8 minutes long where
    previously they needed to be over 10 minutes. And it is being applied to creators existing videos also. I know
    a few channels where they make the video as close to 10 minutes as possible and then cut off just before.

Those videos will now risk getting adverts in the middle, and its an opt out thing not opt in. 

Youtube wants to feed as many if not more adverts than standard TV it seems. How many useless adverts do
    viewers want to see every 8 minutes?

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...