My employer changed my redundancy criteria score after consultation

Like many of you, I am unfortunately at risk of redundancy and have had two consultation meetings to go through this with management. My work used a scoring matrix to decide who would be 'at risk' and my score was confirmed to me at both meetings. Since then, I have found out that management have lowered my score after the meetings without telling me - this bumps me down significantly and means I have no chance of retaining my job. To be clear, management did not get in touch to tell me this - I only found out when I enquired about something else and what they were saying didn't add up. I genuinely thought they had me confused with someone else. As far as I am aware, I will not be given another consultation meeting before my notice of redundancy is issued.

My question is - can this be classed as a fair and 'meaningful' consultation when both my meetings were based on an incorrect score? 

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You need to discuss it with them, they may have made a mistake on your scores originally so have redone them or as you say they may have got you confused with someone else. If it can be classed as a fair or meaningful consultation does not really matter the end result will still be the same. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback