New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Static caravan sales

1 reply 77 views
ItkItk Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Please could you tell me is there a maximum amount of commission that my caravan site can charge me for the sale of my current caravan to a private buyer . I’ve been told it was set by the government in 2013 at 10% but my current park owners Haven are telling me it’s 12.5 % plus vat which seems ridiculously high for doing 5 minutes of paperwork ?  This basically gives them thousands of pounds on top of their extortionate site fees. 

Regards 

Jack

Replies

• yksiyksi Forumite
    499 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Ah, so you have discovered how Haven stays in business. I feel your pain, but I'm pretty sure I paid the same premium for their five minutes, which inexplicably took almost an hour of them wandering around out in the back of the office and telling us how busy they were. On the plus side, I got a bigger partial refund of site fees than expected, which didn't seem to match their contract. Swings and roundabouts. You'll be well rid of that bunch of clowns.