Prize giver asking for their prize back

New Post Advanced Search

Prize giver asking for their prize back

7 replies 526 views
womble_lancswomble_lancs Forumite
329 posts
Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
Back in October 2019, I won prize from a magazine daily entry. 
I've just received an email from a PR company, saying that I was sent the item for review, and asking if my review is complete, and that the prize must be returned to them as it was only on loan.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  I don't recall anything in the T&Cs saying that it was on loan or required a review in return - I wouldn't have entered it otherwise.

Replies

• nelienelie Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Have you got details on the competition? Or the item which you won and where from?
    August Wins:

Best Win in 2020:
    Antler Suitcase, Weekend Bag and £200 of haircare
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    11.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a copy of the T&C and read them
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• womble_lancswomble_lancs Forumite
    329 posts
    ✭✭
    I've found the original competition and the T&Cs, and there's nothing in there that says it's anything other than a straight prize.  No mention of reviews or the item being on loan.  I've emailed the publisher for clarification.  I've still got the email telling me that I'd won, and I've emailed to ask what's going on, but they've emailed back saying they're no longer the PR company for the manufacturer, but they've sent it on to them.
  • MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    8.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like somebody pressed the wrong button somewhere along the line 🙄
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • womble_lancswomble_lancs Forumite
    329 posts
    ✭✭
    Misslayed said:
    Sounds like somebody pressed the wrong button somewhere along the line 🙄
    I hope that's the case, because I'm feeling quite stressed about it now.
  • MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    8.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hooray! Left hand/right hand interface!
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.