OS Daily 13th July

edited 13 July at 6:56AM in Old Style MoneySaving
17 replies 1.5K views
NelskiNelski Forumite
14.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 13 July at 6:56AM in Old Style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning message. 

Morning lovelies 

Had a fairly screen free weekend which was nice ....so much extra time when I take out the incessant scrolling. Just caught up on the news 
Gers  great news that you can see your mum. Hope she's recovering well
nanny Oh dear don't know what happened but it must have been bad you have the patience of a saint. I'll just check the battery on the charabanc then we can ship any wayward parents into blissful isolation
NRA so sorry to read about your sister :(
TA Hugs for you 

Nothing momentous to report here. Excitement yesterday was switching it up a bit and having a Sainsburys delivery. All present and correct which seems to be the norm now. I did get a brisket joint which was significantly bigger than I anticipated so that will do for the weekend and probably 20 weekends after too :) 

Today is the usual cleaning day for me mixed in with some necessary admin. Weather a bit disappointing after a lovely weekend hope it improves soon then the spa can open. 
Food today will be an orzo risotto courtesy of Nigella. To be honest I'd never heard of or eaten orzo before but thanks to her daily pop up recipe on FB it gave me something new to try

Have a good day all

Replies