New Post Advanced Search

on the beach admin fee for refund

4 replies 131 views
i have had my first part of refund correctly , i have just had my ryan air flight refund BUT otb have charged me £5 admin fee 
to get my own money back ,surely this is wrong ,as they have put it in writing that i will get a FULL REFUND .

Replies

• WestinWestin Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this apply?

“If you have paid your airline for any extras (for example priority boarding or additional luggage) then these will have been paid using your own payment card and the cost should have been refunded directly to you. If you have not yet received a refund for these extra costs then you will need to speak to your airline.”
  • GangaGanga Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have had my first part of refund correctly , i have just had my ryan air flight refund BUT otb have charged me £5 admin fee 
    to get my own money back ,surely this is wrong ,as they have put it in writing that i will get a FULL REFUND .
    Whilst it might not be right or fair at least you are getting your money back ,there are thousands of people on this site who would gladly pay £5 for their refund
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • koalakoalakoalakoala Forumite
    260 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Booking direct is the only way to avoid third party fees.
    They have to make money for the work they do
  • mattyprice4004mattyprice4004 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did a job booking the flight then issuing a refund - and staff aren't free.
    Some are charging £30+, I'd take that as a good result.