Nokia 6300

Options
Years ago I upgraded from a 3310 Brick (my wife still has the Brick) to `a 6300 and have had no complaints about the model whatsoever except; It doesn't accept emojis and that wouldn't worry me but two rectangles (Tofu?) instead of a verbal answer can lead to confusion if sent in response to a question - was it a Smiling Face (Yes) or a Grumpy Face (No) the rectangle can imply either - so - what model of Nokia working up through the years that is equally realible and basic that WILL display emojis for real - those rectangles can cause misunderstanding!!

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need a Nokia ??
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Years ago I upgraded from a 3310 Brick (my wife still has the Brick) to `a 6300 and have had no complaints about the model whatsoever except; It doesn't accept emojis and that wouldn't worry me but two rectangles (Tofu?) instead of a verbal answer can lead to confusion if sent in response to a question - was it a Smiling Face (Yes) or a Grumpy Face (No) the rectangle can imply either - so - what model of Nokia working up through the years that is equally realible and basic that WILL display emojis for real - those rectangles can cause misunderstanding!!

Any recent phone supports Emoji happily.  The 6300 is a 15 year old phone, and the modern standard for Emoji was set a year or two after your phone was first made.

You may find a lot of "dumb" phones (ie such as the cheap 2G phones) just can't do emoji with their dot matrix style displays so if you want pretty emoji pictures, you need something with a modern screen.  Which will probably be a modern smartphone.  Note that you don't have to use all its features if you don't want to.
  • george9071
    george9071 Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I got a Nokia phone it still has the buttons on for a family member recently and that didn't except emoji's if you did want a Nokia because you are used to it then i would go for a newer Nokia smartphone they are good and easy to use, i had one before i switched to iPhone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback