Is flow-deals.com a scam site?
14 replies 3.1K views
My elderly mother (she's in her eighties) ordered a tumble drier from flow-deals.com. She saw their advertisement on Google and assumed it could be trusted. She then went on to place the order by 'phone.
The machine was supposed to be delivered on Thursday, and then Friday, but still no sign of it.
Of course, the money was taken from her bank account. (She paid by debit card.)
I'm highly suspicious of the site:
(1) The domain was registered in April this year
(2) It offers more than 64,000 products
(3) It's registered to an accommodation address
(4) There is only one director
(5) Its accounts show a registered capital of one pound, and no activity to October 2019
(6) I can find no human reviews whatsoever of the business.
Does anyone have any experience of this company (negative or otherwise)?
And at what point should one definitively decide one's been scammed? (I want to buy her a replacement tumble drier, but wouldn't want her to end up with two should this site prove not to be a scam.)