New Post Advanced Search

Transfer flights

6 replies 110 views
IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
20.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
I have had a holiday cancelled, due to the current situation, that flew from Gatwick.  The holiday company quickly refunded me, so no issue there.

However, I had internal transfer flights booked through EasyJet that I will obviously no longer need (and I am guessing that the EasyJet flight will go ahead).  I am struggling to get hold of anyone at EasyJet to talk to, but my reading of the T&C is that I can either move the flights (not much use to me since I have nowhere to move them to) or I lose them with 100% loss.  Sadly that loss also includes additional amounts I paid for baggage and seat reservations.

I suppose I could claim from my travel insurance, but would prefer not to.  Can anyone offer any useful advice?
Ivan has left the building ... but reserves the right of reply!
Use PM to keep in touch

Replies

• TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may not be able to claim on travel insurance, although it's obviously worth asking.  If the EasyJet flight is going ahead and you choose not to use it that is "a disinclination to travel" and may not be covered.
  • bonkersbonkers1bonkersbonkers1 Forumite
    57 posts
    10 Posts
    It might depend on whether you booked everything as a proper package or if you booked things independently.
    With a package if they cancel you should get a full refund.
    Do you have an ATOL certificate covering this holiday?
  • IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    20.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might depend on whether you booked everything as a proper package or if you booked things independently.
    With a package if they cancel you should get a full refund.
    Do you have an ATOL certificate covering this holiday?
    The holiday and the transfer flights were two totally separate bookings.  The holiday did not go from our local airport.

I can accept that I will lose the cost of the flights but the taxes, baggage and seats should be refundable.
    Use PM to keep in touch
  • edited 13 July at 9:24AM
    Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    13.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 July at 9:24AM
    I can accept that I will lose the cost of the flights but the taxes, baggage and seats should be refundable.
        https://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions
          Refund of Government Tax
        5.4 If you cancel, miss or do not take your flight, this does not affect the other flights on your Booking. You can claim a full refund of Government Tax (as listed in Fees and Charges) for the flight(s) you do not take. You can do this by contacting our Customer Services Team.
        9.5 Seat fees will be refunded if we cancel your flight and you choose a full refund rather than transferring to another easyJet flight.
        No Refunds on Baggage Fees13.17 Baggage fees will not be refunded once paid, even where you do not carry the items or weight paid for or where you cancel or change your flight. However if you change your flight, your paid Baggage allowance will apply to your new flight
  • IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    20.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Caz, I had read all that but was wondering/hoping/praying that there may have been some leeway given the current situation.  I think my best bet is to keep the flight booked an hope something crops up that I can move it too - if not I will phone them the day before the flight to say I will be a no show.
    Use PM to keep in touch
  • Dr_CryptoDr_Crypto Forumite
    593 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    EZ were allowing you to move the booking to another flight of your choice (plus any difference in fare). Not sure if they still are, though.