We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bank details 'sold on internet'

Options
" The Information Commissioner has launched an investigation after it was revealed that thousands of Britons' bank details are available for sale on the internet

The Times newspaper said it had found more than 100 websites offering to sell UK bank details, including account numbers, PINs and security codes, and had been able to download banking information for 32 individuals, including a High Court Judge, for free.
One fraudster was offering to sell 30,000 British credit card numbers for £1 each, the newspaper reported "

AND THE GOVERMENT SAYS DON'T PANIC

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20071203/tuk-bank-details-sold-on-internet-6323e80_2.html
Hello again

Comments

• svmitche
    svmitche Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, but I bet it's not the HMRC stuff - it's more likely those people who get phishing emails that look like they come from banks so fill in their personal data. I'm not saying it's all that, but people get enraged by Government stupidity and then wonder who to blame when they're not careful themselves!
    I'm so sexy it's a wonder my underpants don't explode.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    Link to website with everyone's PIN number on it.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • WhyDoILikeYou
    Options
    I do like the pin number leak just cant work out where they got mine from lol
    this is just here to fill space !:A
  • PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Options
    Link to website with everyone's PIN number on it.
    OMG, they've got my PIN. I changed it, but went back and they've got my new one now. How did they manage it so quickly? Will we ever be safe?
  • Gorgeous_George
    Options
    Is there a website with next week's lotto numbers?

:)

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is there a website with next week's lotto numbers? GG

Your wish is my command ...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport