This discussion has been closed.

Options
Comping_Rich
Comping_Rich Posts: 20,945 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 10 July 2020 at 8:25AM in Compers chat corner
Just wanted to warn you that with the new date box, for some reason on the date that you enter, say 10/07/2020. You will get the following at the bottom of the thread.
This discussion has been closed.
This is a problem if you need to update the thread daily as there is no way of adding a new comment.
With this in mind it might be better to not enter the actual closing date of the competition in the date field. Rather enter the date for the following day. In this case you would enter 11/07/2020.
Might be better if the date field was removed all together.

Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. No one pays to use this site; when there are issues, we pay to resolve them. Sometimes we need to prioritise spending money on the site, other issues or better resources.
Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. A Guardian article once "doffed its cap" to this forum as being the one place where consumers can collect together and fight back. Our job is to help keep it that way.

Facebook = FB

Twitter/X = TW/X

Instagram = IG

Threads = THS

Snapchat = SC

Rafflecopter = RC

Gleam = GL

LinkedIn = LI

TikTok = TT

YouTube = YT

Pinterest = PIN

Twitch = TWH

Discord = DIS

Viral Sweep = VS

Sweep Widget = SW

Comments

• strawbubbi
    strawbubbi Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I was wondering about this as I've found it frustrating, I never look at the end date so didn't realise it was because it's the end date, I just assumed they would be moved over to game over on that date. I'm guessing certain people have to do this manually?
    2020 wins 
    £50 Playstation code from Snizl // £40 Waterstones giftcard // The Sin Eater by Megan Campisi // Bambino Mio cloth nappies // Give Me Five by Daisy Upton // PC game Superhot Mind Control Delete // Graco Pram (from IG) 
    2021 wins
    5 Surprise Dino Strike toys from Toxic Magazine // Bamboo socks // 4 WetBrush hairbrushes // Cat bed // £250 holiday voucher // free large pizza and drink // galaxy chocolate chunk cookies

• thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 July 2020 at 7:52PM
    Options
    One-Eye said:
    I have been putting the "new end date" in as a day after the comp closes for at least a week now.

So when (if?) the new End Date goes live and the End Date compers sort the Board by end date to enter on the final day, they are likely to find that a number of comps have actually expired a day earlier? 
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not when (if?)... but if (when?)  >:)
    I would hope that the "day early" problem is sorted well before the sorting by end date is working.
    I can edit my posts - there will be a maximum of 300 or so.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback