Medical Negligence during End of Life

Hi 

I am sorry if this is not the correct forum for this but I am struggling to find the right category.

I need advice regarding an ongoing case against the NHS regarding his treatment whilst in palliative care.

There were multiple failings which occurred from the time that my Dad was advised there was nothing more they could do and leading up to his death around 4 weeks later.

In respect for his dignity I can’t disclose what happened but within our complaint letter there were around 70 points raised and in their response they appear to admitted or upheld around 80%.

We have just sent our response listing our thoughts or further questions for each individual point but it has got me thinking about what outcome we would be seeking. 

To give some context, due to severe neglect Dad spent his final weeks in agony and not due to his prognosis but due to the neglect of the NHS. There were also incidents of him being mistreated which we have captured on camera, medication errors and lies from the staff which we have been able to back up with evidence.

Following Dads death I have been lucky enough to have access to therapy through work schemes as I have struggled not only with his death but the events that took place but my siblings and mother have not got that luxury and been placed on year long waiting lists for support.

We have suffered mentally and physically due to the negligence of the NHS and I would like to know if we would be able to make a claim against them with the help of a solicitor?
My Dads only wish was for his dignity to be in tact at the end and unfortunately doe to the failures this was not the case. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback