New Post Advanced Search

Holiday booking 2021

3 replies 67 views
Kayleigh96Kayleigh96 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Looking to book a package holiday with TUI to Thailand for April next year but weary as I don’t know if I would be entitled to a refund if the virus is still around? I know there are no insurance policies that cover cancellations due to COVID-19, does anyone know if I would receive a refund if the holiday is cancelled? 

Replies

• Searcher2Searcher2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    There are insurance policies that have COVID cover.  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-travel-insurance/#annual

If a holiday is cancelled then you would be entitled to a refund.  Book using your credit card to give you extra protection
  • TedberTedber Forumite
    535 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Agree Kayleigh, travel firms are aware people are wary and so in an effort to get people booking most are offering various deals for rebooking which weren't available previously.   Check to see what deal you can get, what the terms are surrounding cancelling e.g. if you wish to cancel nearer the time because there is a surge of cases in Thailand for instance even if FCO doesn't advise against travel and flights still running,  what the insurance would cost and what it actually covers you for.  And don't forget to PRINT EVERYTHING OUT!   Emphasising this because a lot of people were caught out by terms and conditions changing and they didn't have original ones they agreed to.
  • JamoLewJamoLew Forumite
    522 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Personally I'm not booking anything abroad next year
    Insurance may/may not cover you, but also, who knows which companies and airlines will be around.
    I'm waiting and seing - no rush - always 2022