What time of day do Easyjet release flights

Options
Hi there
I am looking at booking Easyjet flights for next year and when it says they go on sale on a particular date does that mean just after midnight or 8am/9am or is it completely random?
Many thanks

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think what normally happens and what's happening this year are very different.

It was widely reported, including in emails to existing customers, that the flights from June 2021 would go on sale last  Thursday but it didn't happen. The website is still just saying they'll e released in 'July'.

In the past, they generally say they'll open the bookings at abut 6.00 a.am. but it's often later in the morning. 

• dondo
    dondo Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman said:
    I think what normally happens and what's happening this year are very different.

It was widely reported, including in emails to existing customers, that the flights from June 2021 would go on sale last  Thursday but it didn't happen. The website is still just saying they'll e released in 'July'.

In the past, they generally say they'll open the bookings at abut 6.00 a.am. but it's often later in the morning. 

Cheers
    Looks like I may well need to set my alarm then :#
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,553 Forumite
    Options
    maman said:
    The website is still just saying they'll e released in 'July'.
    website now says
    "Flights for travel from 1st June – 30th September 2021 will be available Thursday 16th July."
    https://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release
  • maman
    Options
    Thanks. Yes, I noticed that after I'd posted. Let's hope we're not waiting for hours like I did last Thursday! It wouldn't have done any harm to flag up that they'd had to delay the opening or apologise or something. Poor show IMO.
  • maman
    Options
    I didn't do it myself (friend booked for 3 of us) but we have our flights booked to Dalaman for June /July 2021. What was pleasing was that we could do outward and return together which is unusual. We were able to use vouchers and cost us about £40 each extra plus baggage on this year's price. I was expecting more.
    I don't know all the details but to use the voucher, you had to call them. Fortunately, an exemplary easyjet employee picked up the phone at 5.30am! 
  • Skid_Solo
    Skid_Solo Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone else actually managed to make an EasyJet booking today ?
    I've been online since 7:00 this morning, to make changes to two flights (STN to Palma) I managed to make the changes to the flights, but the website was slow but I just cant make a payment. 
    I've tried different cards and browsers all getting stuck at the same point.  The price has more than doubled to make the changes (from £300 to over £600)
    I've now also been on hold on the phone for over 4 hours (the playlist is becoming very tedious) but not sure what they will be able to do to help
    Any ideas ?
  • maman
    Options
    Sorry, no ideas but huge sympathy. We managed to book at 5.30am so possibly a deluge since. I think you're probably unlucky as your transaction is on the day the next batch of flights is released. Good luck. 
  • Skid_Solo
    Skid_Solo Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got through on the phone eventually, but wouldn't budge on the price so had to pay, as they were still going up, not happy 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback