BA Rerouting Flights - Refundable?

New Post Advanced Search

BA Rerouting Flights - Refundable?

8 replies 114 views
sinfield99sinfield99 Forumite
5 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
I'm due to fly to Rhodes with BA as part of a package holiday on the 6th August from Gatwick. However, we've decided its still not safe. 

BA have rerouted short haul flights from Gatwick to Heathrow Terminal 5 and it seems as though this is likely to happen to our flight. 

Is this grounds for a full refund?

Thanks for any advice. 

Replies

• Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    13.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are no flights showing on 6th August from either Gatwick or Heathrow. Who have you booked this package with?
  • sinfield99sinfield99 Forumite
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Caz3121 said:
    there are no flights showing on 6th August from either Gatwick or Heathrow. Who have you booked this package with?
    The 6th August isn't shown yet agreed, but I've been tracking this flight path for weeks and you can see that it has been rerouted for the first time on Saturday 18th July. 

I have booked the package through TravelRepublic. They have said that we either go or rebook for next year but I have no idea how much extra this will be yet and would ideally prefer the refund and make a decision to book in the new year if all is swell 😊

Thanks 
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Do you think this is grounds for a chargeback from barclaycard to reclaim the money they have taken up until now for the flights.
    I have yet to pay for accommodation or transfers but they want to charge us the remainder on the 23rd July. 
  • edited 9 July at 7:32AM
    Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    13.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 July at 7:32AM
    what I meant is if you go onto the BA website and select any London Airport to Rhodes on 6th August, it states "We don't fly that route on the dates you've chosen. Instead we're showing you flights on other dates that you might find suitable"
    In August, they are flying Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from Heathrow
    What do you see when you put your BA reference number into manage my booking on their website? (hopefully you will have the reference in amongst your TravelRepublic paperwork) I suspect you have no flight currently
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    In the BA app, they are currently showing the following:

I guess we are going to have to wait and see, I hope you are right and they cancel the Thursday flight 
  • edited 9 July at 9:08AM
    bagand96bagand96 Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 July at 9:08AM
    Do you think this is grounds for a chargeback from barclaycard to reclaim the money they have taken up until now for the flights.
    I have yet to pay for accommodation or transfers but they want to charge us the remainder on the 23rd July. 
    There’s no grounds for a chargeback at the moment. As frustrating as it may be, you need to wait until BA and TravelRepublic notify you of a change to your holiday. If they cancel the flights on those dates you are definitely entitled to a refund. If they notify you they’re moving flights from LGW to LHR then that might not count as a major change under the T&Cs so you would need to check those. 

I’d agree with Caz that given BA aren’t currently selling tickets for those dates, you may well be in line for a cancellation. 
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thank you both, just rang BA and got through, the flights on the booking have now been cancelled. Just got to get onto TravelRepublic now to request the full refund. 

Thank you, what a big weight off the mind. 😊
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    45.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the flight number has changed, then it's a cancellation and rebook, so that allows you a full refund if you request it.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)