edited 8 July at 7:28PM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
7 replies 270 views
JKenHJKenH Forumite
1.5K posts
1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
✭✭✭
edited 8 July at 7:28PM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
In the mini budget today:

Homeowners can benefit from £2bn of grants to pay for “green” upgrades to make their houses more energy efficient. Vouchers worth up to £5,000 will be issued while poorer households could get up to £10,000 to make the upgrades, such as loft and wall insulation. It will provide at least £2 for every £1 homeowners spend on making their properties more energy efficient and the Treasury expects the measure to support more than 100,000 green jobs.

I read somewhere this includes heat pumps but does anyone have the detail on this? How about ASHPs, solar panels and batteries - are they included? 

Can we keep the focus on what’s covered, please, rather than making political points.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/07/08/mini-budget-2020-key-points-stamp-duty-government-vouchers/

Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, Nissan Leaf (plus some ICEs:) )

Replies

• rugbyleaguesmaterugbyleaguesmate Forumite
    276 posts
    100 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I'm also interested in this.....could be my route to an ASHP or a battery........
    6.72kw Pv Ja Solar 280w * 24 panels, Solar Edge inverter, South facing no shading.
    South Lake District, delightful view of Morecambe Bay. Not Saving up for a battery too expensive:j:mad::hello:

July Solar target 769kw
  • NigeWickNigeWick Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKenH said:  I read somewhere this includes heat pumps but does anyone have the detail on this? 
    If true, I would be interested as getting an air source heat pump using the RHI wold not be worth it for us.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • EVandPVEVandPV Forumite
    717 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I'm also interested in this.....could be my route to an ASHP or a battery........
    +1, as they say.  :)
    Scott in Fife, 3kwp pv SSW facing, Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012
    7.2kwh Pylontech battery storage with Lux ac controller
    Renault Zoe 40kwh, Zappi charger
  • ChopperSTChopperST Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Would love a 66% discount off a powerwall!
  • michaelsmichaels Forumite
    25K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that no details until September :(
    I think....
  • joefizzjoefizz Forumite
    609 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Is it a political point to say to look to various party donors to see whats likely to be on offer? ;-)
  • PulpdictionPulpdiction Forumite
    164 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'm about to start an extension and am having new and replacement double glazing and hoping to get underfloor heating to partially replace my existing heating system, wonder if I can get a £5k contribution?