New Energy Supplier and problem with Smart meter readings

Options

Hi, could I please obtain any advice regarding smart meter readings & energy supplier. I recently switched suppliers from Utilita to "Green Network Energy". for Electricity economy7. Utilita replaced the existing EDF meter with a  “Secure Liberty 110 smart meter" & left an app in kitchen to automatically see how much was due. On hourly basis. "Green Energy" has asked me to manually read the meter downstairs. I informed them of many options reading meter & unsure which matched economy 7. Previous meter had simple day and night economy7 readings.When you press 9 to read there are many options B1 Day, B1 Night, B2 Day, B2 night amongst  others options when you press 6 as well same issue and I am still unsure which is the correct readings for Economy7 Day/Night. I informed them & have sent them details of meter and pictures & asked for an updated as o which reading to send for past two weeks. I was initially toldissue has been passed to another department &   for 2 weeks now you contact them and there are no replies just silence and yet they have taken £52.00 from account by direct debit. Need advice on how to proceed maybe just cancel direct debit until I get a response or change energy supplier again? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are in a fixed term contract then they will charge you exit fees if you change supplier. You need to pay for energy you use, so cancelling the direct debit won't help anything. Have you tried calling them by phone?
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 July 2020 at 8:12AM
    Options
    Can you get to 'IMP R01' by pressing 6? (4 times I think)
    Then one more press should get you to 'IMP R02'
    Those should be your night and day readings.
  • HenryFitzgerald
    Options
    Hi MWT, Thanks for reply below is copy of what was sent regarding IMPR01, IMPR02 and did not make much progress. One would think as they deal with meters company should know how to read meters or at least send someone to do it. As you cannot pay for energy use if you do not know how much to pay as they requested the meter readings. Will retry telephone calls.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Hi Chris, I’ve attached pictures of the different readings that appear when I press "six" on the meter and as mentioned before there has been no reference to "IMPR01" and "IMPR02". 
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

• thorganby
    thorganby Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Hi, could I please obtain any advice regarding smart meter readings & energy supplier. I recently switched suppliers from Utilita to "Green Network Energy". for Electricity economy7. Utilita replaced the existing EDF meter with a  “Secure Liberty 110 smart meter" & left an app in kitchen to automatically see how much was due. On hourly basis. "Green Energy" has asked me to manually read the meter downstairs. I informed them of many options reading meter & unsure which matched economy 7. Previous meter had simple day and night economy7 readings.When you press 9 to read there are many options B1 Day, B1 Night, B2 Day, B2 night amongst  others options when you press 6 as well same issue and I am still unsure which is the correct readings for Economy7 Day/Night. I informed them & have sent them details of meter and pictures & asked for an updated as o which reading to send for past two weeks. I was initially toldissue has been passed to another department &   for 2 weeks now you contact them and there are no replies just silence and yet they have taken £52.00 from account by direct debit. Need advice on how to proceed maybe just cancel direct debit until I get a response or change energy supplier again? Thanks in advance.

Seriously you have sat on this for two weeks and done nothing yourself to find out how to read the meter and are now annoyed that they have taken £52 from you.

You must have given them your annual usage figures and until you provide them with meter readings what do you expect then to do.

Pressing 9 once will give the Day reading, pressing a second time will give the Night reading and pressing it a third time will give the total Day + Night reading.

It is not your new suppliers job to instruct you how to read your meter and your idea of cancelling the DD and switching yet again is just silly, especially as you still won't be able to provide meter readings!

Ignore Sia the irrelevant spammer.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure