New Post Advanced Search

P p i refund

2 replies 103 views
I use the company for PPI they paid me out but I spent their commission fees over Christmas now they are chasing me. To be frank I’ve not got the money. If I don’t pay them for the foreseeable future..could they take action against me? I also suffer anxiety 

Replies

• edited 8 July at 3:45AM
    brettctabrettcta Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 July at 3:45AM
    Could they take action? They absolutely will, there’s no debate on that.

I’d contact them ASAP and look at trying to set up some sort of payment arrangement. They don’t do much for their slice of the pie but where they excel is making sure they get paid. 

I wouldn’t be relying on the anxiety defence too much, they won’t care unless they get paid.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    102.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    CMCs are notorious for taking people to court.  And to be honest, they have every right to.  
    I also suffer anxiety 
    It is not an excuse for spending money that you shouldn't have done.    
    It is better to negotiate a repayment plan with them before it goes to court.  Otherwise, the costs will go up when the court rules against you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.